My Atlas Multi-Trainer screen has gone black or won't turn on
Try the steps below if you need help or if your Multi-Trainer screen won't turn on.
See if your Atlas Multi-Trainer is charging
When you connect your Atlas Multi-Trainer to its charging cable and power, you should see a charging icon and battery on the screen.
If you need to charge your watch, Atlas Multi-Trainer enters a low power mode. In low power mode, the Atlas Multi-Trainer displays the time and an empty battery - and cannot be used for any other functions. This happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level.
Charging your Atlas Multi-Trainer when it's in low power mode will automatically exit the low power mode.
If your Atlas Multi-Trainer screen has gone black after a software update
- Place your Atlas Multi-Trainer on the Charging Cable and make sure the watch is aligned. Make sure that you plug the Atlas Magnetic Charging Cable all the way into the USB Power Adapter, then make sure that you plug the adapter all the way into a power outlet.
- On your smartphone, open the Atlas smartphone app and make sure your watch is paired with the app.
- Tap Insights, and then tap the Muscle Fatigue diagram with two fingers to pull up the Debugger menu.
- Tap Send Display Update and wait 5 minutes for the Multi-Trainer to restart.
After restarting, your watch will display the time and should be recovered. If your Atlas Multi-Trainer screen is still black, try the following step:
- On your smartphone, open the Atlas smartphone app and bring up the Debugger menu and tap Force Update. Wait 5 minutes for the Multi-Trainer to restart.